Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Soulless by Crystal Collier

Soulless - Crystal Collier

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Soulless is the second book in the Maiden of Time series. If you haven't read book one, Moonless, I highly suggest you consider picking it up. Ms. Collier not only has a unique voice in YA but the story lines are gripping and the characters intriguing.

This second book picks up with Alexia planning her wedding. The Soulless attack, ruining everything and sending her life into utter chaos. Alexia must cope with lots of issues including responsibility, love, and loss. I actually liked Alexia's character better in this book than in Moonless.

The novel is very fast-paced with twists and turns that make it difficult to put down. Ms. Collier creates a vivid gothic world through great descriptions and dialogue. I enjoy her writing style, the prose flows well, pulling the reader deeper into the story with each word.

I'd like to say more about the actual plot and characters, but I really hate spoilers so I'll keep my mouth shut. Soulless is a great follow-up to Moonless. If you like sweeping gothic paranormal stories, be sure to add this one to your TBR list.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/10/blog-tour-soulless-by-crystal-collier.html