Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Black Atonement by Sasha Hibbs

Black Atonement (The Vulcan Legacies Book 3) - Sasha Hibbs

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I've loved both books one and two in the Vulcan Legacies series, but I have to say, I think this novella is my favorite so far. Black Atonement captured love, sacrifice, and regret so well. It amazes me that Ms. Hibbs was able to yank my heart around so completely, so quickly.

Brandi blew me away in this story. I absolutely loved her character. So fiercely determined to do what she felt she must even at the risk of sacrificing her future happiness. I love a strong heroine, and Brandi certainly fit the bill. Even when she wallowed in despair, she managed to claw her way out in order to push ahead with her plans.

The plot was so fast-paced, I didn't put the novella down once I started reading. I loved the scenes with Abraham, he's such an intriguing character. I really hope he's featured in future books. There is just something so satisfying about being pulled heart and soul into a story, and that is exactly what happened with Black Atonement.

If you haven't read any of the books in this series, I have to say that you're missing out on some great writing and characterization.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/10/halloween-favorite-review-black.html