Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Protecting His Witch by Zoe Forward

Protecting His Witch (a Keepers of the Veil novel) (Entangled Covet) - Zoe Forward
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Protecting His Witch is a fun, fast-paced paranormal romance that I found to be quite character driven. Give me two great characters, and I really don't care much if the plot takes a backseat to them. Kat and Matt were quite the couple... I'm glad I was reading on a Kindle or they might have scorched the pages :)

Kat Ramsey is equal parts sweet and sassy. She's confused about her dimension hopping, especially when it always seems to lead her to Matt. Add to that the overwhelming attraction she feels for him... well that just leads to one messed up situation. I love how she inadvertently curses Matt at the beginning of the novel... jerk deserved it! That's not to say I didn't like Matt. Poor guy was just as confused as Kat whenever she popped into his life. He can't resist her any more than she can him.

The story is very character driven, which I liked. However, there was so much more I wanted to know about the Druids, the Pleiades, and their world. Since this is the first book in the series, I assume the details of the world will be fleshed out in later books. The first half of the book flies by, as does the last quarter. Really, the ending was somewhat of a whirlwind.

I enjoyed Protecting His Witch and recommend it to anyone who likes sexy paranormal romance. I'm looking forward to reading more in the series.
Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/11/blog-tour-protecting-his-witch-by-zoe.html