Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Pan's Revenge by Anna Katmore

Pan's Revenge: Adventures in Neverland, 2 - Anna Katmore

I loved book one, Neverland, so much that I bought the sequel since I couldn't leave it unfinished. While I did enjoy Pan's Revenge, it just didn't grab me the way the first book did. This one is told from three different points of view: Angel, Hook, and Pan. The constantly changing views made the story rather disjointed at times.

My favorite character is still James Hook... he's as great in this sequel as the first book. His single-mindedness in finding a way back to Angel was not only sweet, it was inspiring. He is on my swoon-worthy book boyfriend list.

Though I wanted to feel sorry for Peter Pan-- he was going through some major changes-- I just couldn't get past his overall selfishness. His behavior reminded me of a petulant child. Angel is caught in the middle, having forgotten her time in Neverland. I liked the way Angel was written in this novel. She's curious, intelligent, and stubborn.

I think we all get ideas in our heads about how we would like a story to progress. The plot in this wasn't what I was expecting, but it was intriguing nonetheless. I can't say I loved the ending, but I think it was a good ending. I can't help but wonder about the fate of those in Neverland... are they happy with this ending?

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/11/pans-revenge-by-anna-katmore-review.html