Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: The Stillness of the Sky by Starla Huchton

The Stillness of the Sky: A Flipped Fairy Tale (Flipped Fairy Tales) - Starla Huchton, Jennifer Melzer

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

If you haven't read anything by Starla Huchton, you are really missing out on a great author. Whether superhero romance or a fairy tale retelling, her stories pull me in like few can. The Stillness of the Sky is no exception-- in fact I think this may be my favorite of her novels.

In this flipped fairy tale, Jack was a sixteen-year-old girl, and a wonderful role-model for anyone. She led a hard, traumatic life, yet had nothing but kindness for everyone around her. I loved the characters in this novel. Whether good or bad, they were all so well-developed. Ro, the magical bird, was a particular favorite.

The story was captivating, drawing me in to the point that I was completely lost to the outside world. I laughed and I cried a lot. Filled with vivid descriptions, Ms. Huchton wove an amazing tale as we followed Jack on her journey of self-discovery. I loved the romance between Jack and Will-- it was just so sweet. The ending left me smiling... but best of all, the story left me with a feeling of hope.

The Stillness of the Sky is appropriate for all age levels. Sweeping adventure and romance make this novel impossible to put down once started. One of the best I've read in a long time.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2015/02/the-stillness-of-sky-by-starla-huchton.html