Kimber Leigh Reads

Review - Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls by Tellulah Darling

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls - Tellulah Darling

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

While I recognize that this book may not be for everyone, I have to admit, (language, euphemisms, and all) I quite enjoyed it. Yeah, the characters have potty mouths and talk in a way that would make a hardened criminal blush. But the comedy is there, and through all the drama, I couldn't help but want things to work out for this interesting bunch.

I think all readers will understand where Ally's coming from. Devastated after being dumped by her boyfriend of two years, Ally is looking for a change. Why she was upset at losing Jeremy was beyond me though. One of her first thoughts is that his head smells like cheese and the rest of him like cheap body spray. Can you say yuck?? Ally turns to best friend Sam, (a notorious love them and leave them as quickly as possible guy) for help getting over her loss.

Sam is one messed up guy. His mother died when he was young, leaving him with a player father as his role model. Poor Sam doesn't believe in love. His goal is to slowly go through the entire female population, sneaking out afterwards. Coward if you ask me. As much as Sam annoyed me, I couldn't help but feel for him. The guy can't be all bad, I mean he rescues a pathetic little kitten. There's a decent guy under all of the bravado. I just don't know if Ally has the mining skills to uncover him. I enjoyed the chapters from Sam's point of view the best. That is one interestingly screwed up guy.

Sam Cruz's Infallible Guide to Getting Girls is a quick read full of interesting dialogue and crazy situations. There's nothing better than watching Sam's tactics being used on him. Ally is a genius. I'm not sure how she expected to 'find herself' by tarting up and sleeping around, but hey, I think we've all been there a time or two. The desire to go out, be someone new, can be a siren song that's difficult to ignore. And Ally does end up finding herself, as well as becoming comfortable with who she is.

This novel is listed as YA, but I recommend it for readers 18+. The entire book centers around casual sex, drinking, and some of the raunchiest language I've ever read. If you're looking for an interesting romantic comedy (of errors) add this one to your to-read list.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2013/11/blog-tour-sam-cruzs-infallible-guide-to.html