Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Another Shot at Love by Niecey Roy

Another Shot at Love - Niecey Roy

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Another Shot at Love is a laugh out loud romantic comedy, so I advise taking your surroundings into consideration before you start reading, unless you enjoy making a spectacle of yourself. By the end of the book when Gen finally makes it to the engagement party, I was laughing so hard I could barely read. From the way Gen meets Matt to the riotous engagement party, there is never a dull moment.

I fell in love with Gen from the very beginning. She's such a caring, free-spirit, I just couldn't figure out what she was doing with a bore like Brent to begin with. She's so lucky he cheated on her or she might have married the jerk. Gen is an artist, her creative nature apparent in her appearance (pink highlights in her hair) and her overall personality. When he older sister starts fixing her up with losers, she handles it with more aplomb than I ever could. With a twin sister, an older sister, and a meddling mother, Gen has a hard time living her life without never ending drama.

Sometimes I wondered how Gen managed to deal with her female relatives without maiming one of them. Catherine, the older sister, is overbearing and refuses to take no for an answer. Twin sister Lexie is so wrapped up in her wedding plans, that are quickly spiraling out of control, to support Gen. Mom, like lots of mothers, worries that twenty-three year old Gen will never find a man. The only voice of reason, best friend Roxanna, is crazy in her own right - so basically reason flies out the window in this novel.

When Gen meets Matt, she's immediately attracted to him. They become fast friends with an obvious mutual attraction, but neither is ready for a relationship. Gen quickly realizes that she wants more from Matt, though, she's afraid to say anything to scare him away. Between dealing with two lunatic sisters, a nosy best friend, a relentless ex, and a delusional guy from work, I can't help but wonder how Gen stays sane. I loved the characters in this book, all of them. Ex-boyfriend Brent was so fun to hate. The crazy sisters were a source of constant entertainment. I can't help but wonder about Lexie. Things were falling apart with her domineering and snobby future in-laws, and fiancee Jeremy was no help. I really want to know what happens with her relationship.

If you're looking for a sweet romance, and you love to laugh (it's good for the soul), add Another Shot at Love to your TBR list.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2013/12/blog-tour-another-shot-at-love-by.html