Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: The Conduit by Stacey Rourke

The Conduit: The Gryphon Series - Stacey Rourke
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

First things first: The Conduit is currently free in ebook form on Amazon and B&N. Go ahead and download it... I'll wait. Done? Great!

I love the cover, that and the blurb drew me in. The novel is told from Celeste's point of view. She is one snarky, sarcastic, and fun character. In fact, all of the characters in this story are fun. Celeste and her two siblings, Gabe and Kendall, move to small town Tennessee to live with their eccentric Grandmother. Before long strange things begin to happen. The sibling trio all begin to go through changes, both physical and mental. This is in preparation for their destiny set in motion long ago by an ancestor.

Ms. Rourke has a wicked sense of humor that shines through on every page. The story is action-packed, not a dull moment from beginning to end. I loved the siblings, the way they interacted with each other was so natural. I want to make a note that this is a re-release so some of the Amazon reviewers read an earlier version. I didn't notice the abundant errors cited in some reviews. Since this is a hot button of mine, I assume they were corrected with the re-release.

I recommend The Conduit to everyone high school and up. If you enjoy a fun paranormal read, then this is the book for you. Warning, cliffhanger ending ahead, but lucky for us, three follow-up books are available. I will definitely be picking up Sacrifice, Embrace, and Ascension.
Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/02/blog-tour-gryphon-series-by-stacey.html