Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Full Steam Ahead by Valerie Chase

Full Steam Ahead (Sea Swept #1) - Valerie Chase

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Seven day cruise to paradise with a bunch of sexy frat guys. Yes, please. Seven day cruise with an ex-boyfriend who crushed your heart when he dumped you for a past mistake. No thanks. To make matters worse, she was originally supposed share a room with said ex. Forced to switch rooms, she's stuck with hot player, Jace.

I couldn't help but feel sorry for Georgia. She's from old money that's now gone. Her parents are almost bankrupt from trying to keep up appearances. They use Georgia, expect her to marry money to save them. She was raised to be a society lady, not herself. I like the girl who enjoys zombie novels and works at J.Crew to make ends meet. She's a much better person than her snobby mother could ever hope to be.

Jace is misunderstood and his frat brothers love to make up incredible stories about his sexual prowess. But he's easygoing and just accepts it. He's a bit surprised though when Georgia seems to despise him. Jace sees the hurting girl beneath her facade and vows to break down the barriers she's erected around her. Georgia doesn't stand a chance since she's rooming with him. I loved Jace. He's had a hard life. His father was a drunk who was also abusive and is now in jail. Jace is a family man who visits his mother and sister, and works hard in his pursuit of a better life.

Full Steam Ahead is an enjoyable read. It's fast-paced with fun characters and lots of romance. I love books set on cruise ships—the perfect place for a steamy romance. In fact this novel would make a good summer or vacation read. It definitely made me want a romantic cruise vacation.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/02/blog-tour-full-steam-ahead-by-valerie.html