Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Playing Pretend by Juliana Haygert

Playing Pretend - Juliana Haygert

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Playing Pretend is a lighthearted, fast-paced NA romance that I read from start to finish without putting it down. In some ways this is an Us vs Them kind of story with main character Charlotte caught in the middle. I can't imagine what it would be like to pretend day in and day out to be someone you're not. It must be so emotionally taxing. Frankly, I'm surprised Charlotte wasn't a gibbering idiot.

Charlotte has spent her life under her mother's rule. A fast-rising politician, Charlotte's mother is on the inside track to the White House. Her mother is oblivious of Charlotte's wants and needs. She comes across as self-obsessed and uncaring. I hated her. I spent the entire first two-thirds of the book begging Charlotte to stand up for herself. By the end of the book I was so proud of Charlotte and the way things worked out for her.

Mason is such a sweetie. Handsome, sexy, intelligent, just too good to be true. He falls hard for Charlotte in the six days they spend together over spring break. Even after he realizes who she is, it doesn't deter this guy. He seems to see people for who they are, looking beneath the outside veneers. He knows he wants Charlotte, and he won't give up. Charlotte was really lucky to find a guy like this.

Playing Pretend is suitable for ages 17+ due to mature content, not a lot but it's there. If you like a light NA romance be sure to add this one to your TBR list.
Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-tour-playing-pretend-by-juliana.html