Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Home Matters by Julie N. Ford

Home Matters (A Ripple Effect Romance Novella, Book 1) (Volume 1) - Julie N Ford
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Home Matters is a sweet romance, enjoyable, perhaps a bit predictable, but fun nonetheless. Lately. I've really enjoyed reading novellas. It's nice to pick up a story and read it from start to finish in about an hour. And one can never underestimate the power of a nice, happy ending.

I really liked Olivia. She's so intelligent, yer vulnerable since she comes across as a bit naive. How she can be naive after braving the sharks in LA is beyond me, but she still radiates some old-fashioned innocence that''s rather refreshing. Olivia is no push-over. She hates being the pretty parrot, pretending the designs are hers while reading from teleprompters. Olivia is a talented woman, but she's pursuing her mother's dream for her rather than considering what she wants from life.

Case in point: I never would've expected her to fall from her uber-handsome costar, William. He's so shallow and annoying. Perhaps she liked the attention. I don't know, but it just seemed out of character for her to continue to date him. One weekend, sure, why not. More than that... not so much. Though two guys vie for her attention, I wouldn't really call it a love triangle. I just sat back and patiently waited for William to show his true colors. When he did, Olivia was shocked, I wasn't.

I liked Pete quite a bit. He had a snarky sense of humor I found to be endearing. He didn't ooze charm and savoir-faire like William which I considered a wonderful thing. But Olivia's goals spurred her away from Pete and right into William's arms. Overall, I thought the characters were well-written, though William is somewhat cliche. I enjoyed the story, especially the interactions between Olivia and Pete. The ending was nice and happy as it should be in a sweet romance.
Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/03/blog-tour-home-matters-by-julie-n-ford.html