Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski

Don't Even Think About It - Sarah Mlynowski

I received this book from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review

Don't Even Think About It features a cast of adorable, quirky characters in an intriguing plot. The story is hilarious at times, sometimes heartbreaking, and overall all a lot of fun. That's the good. While preparing this post, I noticed the price for the ebook on Amazon & Barnes and Noble. I know I shouldn't let price influence my review, but in actuality price is a huge factor in enjoyment. For me at least. Had I paid the $10 price tag for the ebook, this review might not be quite so positive.

I loved the quirky characters. The dialogue between them flowed so naturally, it drew the reader right into the story. The pacing was well-done. I adored the clean descriptions—enough to set the scene without miring the reader in endless narrative. The plot is a virtual minefield. Can you imagine suddenly being able to read the thoughts of those around you. Utter madness! I'm pretty sure I'd go crazy. Add in high school and hormones and the stage is set for laughter and heartbreak.

This story is told from a collective point of view. Because they all share thoughts, in a way they become one entity. I didn't like it at all. I thought it made things confusing, all the jumping from character to character. Though I hoped I'd get used to it, I never did. It pulled me from the story time and again which drastically affected my enjoyment of the novel.

Overall. I liked the plot and the characters but didn't like the delivery. Do I recommend it to others. That would be a tentative yes, The first pages are available for preview on Amazon. Take a look. These pages are a great representation of the novel. If you like them, then I think you'll like the novel.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/03/book-review-dont-even-think-about-it-by.html