Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Recruitz by Karice Bolton

RecruitZ (Afterworld Series) - Karice Bolton

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Recruitz is a wild ride full of mystery, conspiracies, and of course zombies. The writing flows quite seamlessly. I was drawn in from the first rather heart-wrenching scene. While I normally like a bit of romance in my reads, I wasn't expecting it given the fact that Rebekah's husband is killed by zombies. There is a hint of romance to come in the next installment of this series, though.

After her husband is killed by the zombies the media claims no longer exist, Rebekah is a woman possessed. She will uncover this mystery if it's the last thing she does. I really liked her. She's one tough cookie. Along the way, she meets Preston who joins up with her in an attempt to reveal the conspiracy and figure out just what is happening. I loved Preston. I can definitely see romance between these two in the future.

The story is so fast-paced with nonstop action. One chapter rolls into the next making it very difficult to stop reading. I love a good conspiracy and enjoyed following Rebekah and Preston on their quest for the truth. I really enjoyed the twists and turns in the plot. This isn't really your typical zombie novel. There aren't a whole lot of zombie battles. It's more about Rebekah and Preston navigating the steamy underworld to solve the mystery.

I would recommend this one to ages 17+ due to mature content, including blood and gore. Can you even have a zombie novel without blood and gore? You don't have to be a zombie fan to enjoy this book. If you're a conspiracy buff then this is the book for you.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/04/blog-tour-recruitz-by-karice-bolton.html