Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Mirror X by Karri Thompson

Mirror X (Entangled Teen) - Karri Thompson

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

My first thought on this novel is that it's very different from anything I've read recently. Mirror X is a journey. The reader follows Cassie from the moment she wakes up through every event. The novel is written in first person, so we only know what Cassie knows. We learn things and experience her emotions and feelings as she does.

This is another one of those novels in which I can't go into detail without spoilers. I found many of the characters, including the baddies intriguing. Cassie is well-written, and I think (given her circumstances) she would be a very difficult character to write. Her reactions are in line with what I'd expect and similar to how I think I would react were I thrust into her situation.

Ms. Thompson builds the suspense slowly, with amazing reveal after amazing reveal. My only complaint is that the pacing was a touch slow at times. However, I thought she did a great job creating her world with minimal information--i.e. Ms Thompson doesn't inundate the reader with too much information at any one time.

While this is book one in a series, it ends at a satisfying point for the reader. I feel like I got some closure, yet I still can't wait to read more. Personally, I found the characters and the world fascinating. This is one of those novels I really want to talk about, but I won't spoil it for you. I know I'll be thinking about the characters even though I've finished the book.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/07/blog-tour-mirror-x-by-karri-thompson.html