Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Blood and Snow by RaShelle Workman

Blood and Snow - RaShelle Workman
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

The Blood and Snow series has been on my TBR for a while now, so I jumped at the chance to review them when the opportunity arose. I love fairy tale retellings, especially ones as original and imaginative as this one. For imagination alone Ms. Workman deserves five stars. Add to that a sweet yet sassy female lead, a witty best friend, and seven sexy guys instead of dwarves and well... I think you'll have to read it to believe it.

The pacing is good, kept my interest and kept me reading when I really should have been doing other things instead. I enjoyed that the book was set in modern day Massachusetts, it made for an interesting twist. This series takes the reader through a wide range of emotion as we follow Snow White through her transformation and adventure, through love and loss.

Though this book is categorized as YA (and I would recommend this as upper YA-- think 16+),  it should appeal to anyone who loves a fascinating twist on a classic fairy tale.
Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/07/blog-tour-vampire-lies-by-rashelle.html