Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Garden of Ashes by Kate Cowan

Garden of Ashes - Kate Cowan

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

3.5 Stars for Garden of Ashes
4 Stars for Seventh Island: A Garden of Eden novella

Garden of Ashes is the second book in The Legend of Eden series. It picks up right where book 1 left off with Eden/Katrina on the island. You will definitely want to read Garden of Eden first. There is also a very short novella at the end that I quite enjoyed.

This is a fast-paced read with non-stop action and answers, along with new mysteries. I can't really go into anything without spoilers, so that will make this review very short. Eden is a girl possessed. She is desperate to learn the secrets of the island, to control her magic... which is easier said than done. We learn a lot more about the mysterious island as Eden finally finds some answers.

My favorite character is still Liddon. There's just something about him that speaks to me. Perhaps I'm a touch insane as well. If you read Garden of Eden, you'll definitely want to pick up book 2. If you haven't, this is an intriguing urban fantasy series worth considering.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/09/blog-tour-garden-of-ashes-by-kate-cowan.html