Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Snow the Vampire Slayer by Rebekah R. Ganiere

Snow the Vampire Slayer (Fairelle Book 2) - Rebekah R. Ganiere
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Snow the Vampire Slayer is an intriguing take on the Snow White fairy tale. Ms. Ganiere had me from the first line of the synopsis. Who wouldn't want to trade dwarves for vampire slaying brothers? Add in an exiled vampire prince, a frustrated Snow, and an amnesiac werebear, and you get the recipe for a sweeping epic tale.
The characters in this novel were really great. Snow is supposed to be a 'proper lady', but I think she may have missed the boat on that one. She's one kickass woman in a man's world. Prone to climbing out her window at night while her brothers are sleeping, she heads into the forest to practice sword fighting. Her brothers are fun characters. Each one had a distinct personality, save the twins and their adorable dual personality.
Sage, the exiled vampire prince. I really liked him a lot. Tough, honorable, and desperately sad for a life stolen from him. Just makes me want to comfort him even though he could kill me with one bite. His attraction and interactions with Snow are not only charming but also sexy. And I loved his sidekick, Dax, the amnesiac werebear trying to uncover his past.
If you like kickass heroines, sexy vampires, studly brother vampire slayers, and adorable sidekicks-- then this is the book for you. Part paranormal, part fantasy, Ms. Ganiere has managed to breathe new life into Snow White.
Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/10/blog-tour-snow-vampire-slayer-by.html