Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Neverland by Anna Katmore

Neverland - Anna Katmore

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Neverland is the fourth book that I've read by Anna Katmore, and it is far and away my favorite. The only major downside is the pesky book one thing... I had to go and buy book 2-- you know how I hate cliffy endings. This novel is full of adventure, romance, and suspense. It's one of those books I just couldn't put down after I started reading. Definitely one of my favorites this year.

Somehow Angel managed to land in Neverland after she fell from the balcony at her home in London. Desperate to return home to her family, she searches for a way back. After being abandoned by a petulant Peter Pan, she finds herself a prisoner aboard the dreaded Captain Hook's pirate ship. Little does she realize how fortunate a turn of events this is.

James Hook-- what can I say but *sigh*. I loved his character. Ms. Katmore's take on the whole Peter Pan fairy tale was fascinating. Smee and Hook were by far my favorite characters in the novel. A far cry from the Disney adaptation we're all used to, her Hook and Smee were young men. Sure they were pirates, but other than fighting with Peter, I don't think they did much in the way of looting and pillaging. I can't get into the whole relationship between Hook and Pan without spoilers, but suffice to say it was intriguing.

Fast-paced, fun, adorable-- I just couldn't get enough of this book. Beloved characters mixed with new introductions made for an interesting read. The romance between Angel and James was sweet even though it was insta-love at its finest. They just seemed so perfect together that it didn't really matter. I can't wait to read the sequel, Pan's Revenge, since the cliffhanger ending is killing me!

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/11/blog-tour-anna-books-neverland-by-anna.html