Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic by Lee Roland

Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic (A Gramarye Novel Book 1) - Lee Roland

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Sometimes I'm just in the mood for a fun, lighthearted read. Casual Curses & Meticulous Magic fit the bill perfectly. This is one of those books that will make you smile, laugh, and just make your day a touch lighter.

Mel was wild, unpredictable, and completely devoted to the Gramarye and its tenants. Money was hard to come by thanks to her uncle, forcing her to resort to some shady dealings to get by. She made me laugh, and I found myself liking her immediately, despite the fact she was in jail. Mel is as adorable and quirky as her tenants in the Gramarye.

Romantic interest Titus, or Tiger as Mel likes to call him, was sweet and rather charming. He was quick to jump to Mel's aid and defense once he learned magic was real and not Mel's delusion. The romance between the two was also rather sweet. I hope we get more insight into his past in future books.

The secret world of magic and witches was intriguing, though with someone like Mel, I wonder how they managed to keep it a secret. I loved the large cast of secondary characters, from ghosts to a poetic demon to a man-hungry plant. These characters made the book so much fun and quite interesting as well. Though book one in a series, this novel had a most satisfying ending. I'm really looking forward to reading more about the Gramarye and the intriguing cast of characters.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/12/casual-curses-meticulous-magic-by-lee.html