Kimber Leigh Reads

Book Review: Henge by Realm Lovejoy

Henge (Le Fay, #1) - Realm Lovejoy

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

First things first: if you are a fan of Arthurian legend then this is definitely the book for you. Realm is a modern urban fantasy featuring many of the Arthurian characters in an interesting, high-stakes story.

Morgan is a very passionate character. Somehow Ms. Lovejoy managed to draw me to Morgan's corner practically from page one. When we first meet Morgan, she is sneaking away from home to follow her dreams, which her father doesn't agree with-- for very good reason, we learn as the story progresses. We also meet Merlin early on, and I found his character rather fascinating. In fact, I enjoyed reading Ms. Lovejoy's take on all of the classic characters.

The suspense in this novel builds from chapter to chapter, with new twists and turns to keep the pages turning. In some ways it reminded me of the Harry Potter books, especially at the beginning when Morgan was leaving for the magic academy. Bad guy Mordred was well-written... my skin crawled whenever he appeared. I seriously couldn't stand him. Since this is book one of a series, don't expect closure at the end. I have a feeling you'll be craving book two once you've finished reading.

Fantastical, fast-paced, full of magic and suspense-- Henge will appeal to readers from teens to adults, especially those with a soft spot for King Arthur.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/12/book-review-henge-by-realm-lovejoy.html