Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Bridges Burned by Chris Cannon

Bridges Burned (Entangled Teen) (Going Down in Flames) - Chris Cannon
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Chris Cannon has done it again. While I loved Going Down in Flames, I think I liked Burned Bridges just a little bit more. Nonstop action, heartbreak, adventure, courage, and of course dragons. What more could any urban fantasy lover ask for?

Bryn maintained the attitude I enjoyed so much in the first book. Life was really tossing some extreme curveballs at her throughout this novel, but somehow she managed to rise up and shine. While I thought the first book was fun and quirky, this latest installment had a more serious edge to it.

Completely immersed-- that basically described me while reading. The story was so fast-paced and action-packed, I just didn't want to stop reading. Characters from the first story grew (some not so much) and changed, I think I fell in love with Valmont, Bryn's knight. What an amazing guy!

The ending not only had my jaw dropping in surprise, but I almost screeched when the story stopped. I really wanted nothing more than another four hundred pages or so. If you haven't read Going Down in Flames, you will want to pick that one up first since Burned Bridges is a direct continuation. I really hope Ms. Cannon is hard at work on book three. I can't wait to read it!

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2015/01/bridges-burned-by-chris-cannon-review.html