Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: The Camelot Kids by Ben Zackheim

The Camelot Kids (Volume 1) - Ben Zackheim, Ian Greenlee, Nathan Fox

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

The Camelot Kids is a fun adventure perfect for both the middle grade and YA audience. Fast-paced, featuring wonderful illustrations, this book is sure to please fans of fantasy and Arthurian Legend.

The story starts out rather sad, with the death of Simon's parents in a plane crash while searching for proof of Camelot. Simon's life as an orphan was far from easy. When he's taken in by an estranged uncle in Scotland, things take a turn for the weird.

Simon was quite easy to relate to, and I think most kids would like his personality and independence. I enjoyed the myriad of characters, both human and fantastic-- especially Maille Rose. When she first appeared, everything she said seemed so nonsensical-- it made me laugh. The plot featured lots of twists and turns, along with a few shockers.

I enjoyed the rich imagination that shone through on every page. The story is full of action and adventure, perfect for a younger YA audience.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-camelot-kids-by-ben-zackheim-review.html