Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: The Perilous Journey of the not-so-Innocuous Girl by Leigh Statham

The Perilous Journey of the Not-So-Innocuous Girl - Leigh Statham

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Steampunk, adventure, romance-- all can be found in The Perilous Journey of the not-so-Innocuous Girl.This is one of those rare novels that blends a fun plot with great characters, making for a wonderful read. I was entirely too grumpy when forced to put it down, and yes- I did read it in just a few hours.

Marguerite- what can I say about her? She was the type of female protag I love: smart, too sassy for her own good, and courageous. Marguerite knew she wouldn't be happy with the life being forced upon her. It takes great courage to take a chance on a new life- even if she did do it originally to be with Claude. No one could ever accuse her of taking the easy way out of anything. I liked Claude, he seemed like a great childhood friend, but there were no sparks between the two characters. Now Jacques, on the other hand, seemed to set Marguerite's heart racing-- both in outrage and attraction.

I loved the steampunk aspect of this novel-- so many fun inventions, bots, machines-- and everything was described in such a way that it was easy to picture in the minds eye. The story unfolded at a great pace, in fact there was only one lull that occurred toward the middle when Marguerite first boarded the aership. There wasn't a whole lot of romance in the story, but what was there was rather sweet. Lots of action- did I mention that Marguerite was a woman of action. As the book progressed I became more and more impressed with her.

The Perilous Journey of the not-so-Innocuous Girl is great for fans of nonstop action and adventure. Vivid imagery, great characters, and a fun plot made it one of the better books I've read this year.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2015/03/the-perilous-journey-of-not-so.html