Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: A Curse Unbroken by Cecy Robson

A Curse Unbroken: A Weird Girls Novel - Cecy Robson

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review

A Curse Unbroken was actually the first book in the series that I read. I know, I know, it's book five. But Ms. Robson did a great job explaining prior events in a way that allowed me to follow the plot. Would I recommend it as a standalone? No. Why? It left me wanting to read books 1-4, so I would recommend just reading the series in order.

Loved the characters! So many intriguing characters with fascinating powers, I just couldn't get enough. Shifters, weres, witches, vampires-- it's a paranormal addict's dream come true. I liked main character Celia. She was tough yet vulnerable, sweet and sassy. Not to mention, the scenes between Celia and Aric were quite steamy!

The novel starts out with a thrilling action sequence that was rather amazing. I enjoyed the interactions between the sisters and am really looking forward to reading the prior books to learn more about them. There was so much going on in this story: lots of action, mystery, intrigue. It kept me turning the pages.

If you like darker urban fantasy, I think you'll enjoy the Weird Girls series. Just start at the beginning rather than the middle like I did :)

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2015/03/a-curse-unbroken-by-cecy-robson-review.html