Kimber Leigh Reads

Madison's Song by Christine Amsden

Madison's Song - Christine Amsden
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Madison's Song is a standalone companion to the Cassie Scot series, yet I don't think you need to read them first to enjoy this novel. But you'll be missing out if you don't-- they are quite good.

Madison was a character I definitely wanted to know more about while reading the Cassie Scot series. Her magical talent, singing, was one I found especially intriguing. Madison typically came across as meek and soft, but when it really counted, she found her backbone. The romance, or rather lack thereof, between Scott and Madison was tragic. They were both attracted to each other for years but always afraid to connect. He was afraid his wolf would hurt her, and she was afraid of his wolf.

Evil sorcerer Alexander DuPris made an appearance in the story via proxy with an insidious plot involving werewolves. While I enjoyed the story and the interactions between Scott and Madison, I felt that the pacing was a tad too slow for my taste at times, especially at the beginning. The best part- Madison finally embracing the magic within her.

If you like paranormal romance, then this series is really a must read.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2015/07/review-madisons-song-by-christine-amsden.html