Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Confessions of a Queen B* by Crista McHugh

Confessions of a Queen B* (The Queen B* Book 1) - Crista McHugh

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Confessions of a Queen B* is a cute, fluffy YA contemporary read. Very fast-paced, I raced through this story in just a couple of hours. With endearing characters and a fun plot, this is a nice book to read during a balmy summer evening.

I really liked Alexis. Perhaps it was because I could relate to her. There was just something about her drive and hidden vulnerability that drew me to her. I also loved Brett-- another almost-too-good-to-be-true leading man. Lots of teenage stereotypes mixed with some intriguing non-stereotypical characters made for an interesting line-up.

Loved the snippets from Alexis's blog posts at the beginning of each chapter-- they helped me understand her character more. Though I really liked the characters, the plot didn't draw me in as much as I had hoped. I found myself frequently skimming to get to the next part. The ending wasn't really an ending as much as an invitation to continue the series. If you're looking for HEA, you won't find it here. That's not to say it's bad, in fact I liked the ending-- it was much more realistic than a HEA would have been.

If you're looking for fun and fluff to read on a hot summer day, this book should fit the bill.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2015/07/review-confessions-of-queen-b-by-crista.html