Kimber Leigh Reads

Review - Emblazed by Nikki Narvaez

Emblazed  - Nikki Narvaez

*I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Envisioned & Emblazed are books 1 & 2 in The Elemental Prophecy series. Neither are standalone novels, so be sure to read Envisioned first or risk being hopelessly lost. I am combining the review for these books since Emblazed picks us exactly where Envisioned ends, making it one story. Both books end in epic cliffhangers, so all I can do is hope Ms. Narvaez is diligently working on book 3.

Brielle is in for the shock of her life when on her eighteenth birthday she meets the man of her dreams (literally) and suddenly develops magical powers. She learns that not only is she an Elemental, able to wield the elements, but she is the one prophesized to save the world. Brielle accepts this quite well, though I think the fact that Jace comes with the deal makes it easier. The girl is crazy powerful, maybe a tad too powerful.

Romantic interest Jace is one of those would-be alpha males (a UFC fighter...yum) that is so soft hearted he treats Brielle like a pampered princess. It must drive him crazy that not only is she more powerful than he is, but she's the center of a very dangerous prophecy. Poor guy tries to protect her, but she doesn't really need any protection. I liked Jace (though the constant lovey-dovey stuff between the two threatened to make me ill after a while).

These books contain non-stop action making them fast-paced reads. The fight scenes and the elemental training scenes were well written and interesting. I also really enjoyed the Greek mythology sprinkled throughout the story. All the characters have major potty mouths which sometimes make the dialogue seem like the script to an R rated movie. Jace and Brielle can't seem to keep their hands off each other which leads to many graphic sexual situations.

Envisioned & Emblazed are New Adult novels and suitable for ages 18+. They contain coarse language, multiple sexual situations, and graphic violence. If you like mythology mixed with modern day paranormal romance, consider adding these books to your to-read list.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2013/10/blog-tour-elemental-prophecy-series-by.html