Kimber Leigh Reads

Review - A Bargained For Bride by Marcia Lynn McClure

A Bargained-For Bride - Marcia Lynn McClure

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

A Bargained for Bride is a short, sweet novella that will leave the reader smiling. It's so refreshing to read something that's pure and simple, without subterfuge. Just two people finding love in each other.
Jilly is an adorable character. She's definitely naïve, but her spirit and intelligence shines through on every page and in every encounter. Jilly dreams of love and romance like any other girl. Though she's not one to wallow in self-pity when played the fool. I really liked Jilly, enjoyed following along on her journey of self-discovery.
Romantic interest Boone is definitely sigh worthy. Independent, successful, gorgeous, and selfless - who could ask for more. That and he actually cares about Jilly - well that makes him aces in my book. To think, had he not happened along, Jilly would've continued her 'sparking' with that dastard Jack. Well my favorite scene in the novella is when that jackass, Jack, gets his due.
I recommend A Bargained for Bride to everyone middle school and up (for those young voracious readers) that enjoys a sweet romance. It's also a clean romance; just toe curling kisses and no bad language (other than jackass - and Jack really deserves that title).
Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2013/11/blog-tour-bargained-for-bride-by-marcia.html