Kimber Leigh Reads

Review - To Catch Her Death by Boone Brux

To Catch Her Death - Boone Brux

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

To Catch Her Death is a cute paranormal tale that at times made me laugh out loud. It's very fast-paced, heavy on the dialogue and action. Overall I enjoyed this story of a young mother finding life again after the death of her husband.

Lisa is a character most people can relate to. After the death of her husband, she pulled herself together for her kids, but when they were gone, she vegged out lost in grief. But when she decides to pull herself out of this hurtful cycle, boy does she do it. I have to admit, I was impressed with her attitude shift. Especially when confronted with all the overwhelming paranormal information and her new position as a reaper.

While I enjoyed Lisa quite a bit, I couldn't quite wrap my head around the plot. Reaping souls makes perfect sense to me, but what doesn't is reaping souls while visible to everyone around. It seems these reapers are human and though the souls are invisible to most people, the reapers are not. This could lead to some interesting problems.

This appears to be the first book in perhaps a series about Lisa's adventures as a reaper. There were some minor romantic sparks between Lisa and her reaping partner, Nate. Maybe something will blossom there. I'm assuming there's a next book since some important questions were left unanswered. It seems Ms. Brux is setting up some kind of conspiracy, perhaps within the reaping company.

If you like a light read that will make you laugh, add To Catch Her Death to your to-read list. My favorite scene is the obstacle course. I just about died laughing and wanted to cheer out loud for Lisa.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2013/11/blog-tour-to-catch-her-death-by-boone.html