Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: The Grimm Diaries Prequels 1-6 by Cameron Jace

The Grimm Diaries Prequels Volume 1- 6: Snow White Blood Red, Ashes to Ashes & Cinder to Cinder, Beauty Never Dies, Ladle Rat Rotten Hut, Mary Mary Quite Contrary, Blood Apples - Danielle Littig, Cameron Jace
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Author Cameron Jace has a new fan. His books have been on my TBR list for a while, and I'm so glad I had the chance to read The Grimm Diaries Prequels 1-6. Now I really want to read everything he's written! I'm a huge fairy tale fan, and I love stories that twist the tales or offer new insights into the characters. These prequels were so intriguing, I can't wait to read more. I'm taking his new novel Insanity with me on my trip next week, so expect a review the week of January 6.

We are treated to six prequels, tasty glimpses into what The Grimm Diaries have to offer. These are stories you have to experience for yourself, and seeing that it's free right now on Amazon, there's no excuse not to download  these prequels. Go ahead, I'll wait...

The prequels are compelling, well-written, and impossible to put down. I love the vivid imagery, in the prequel to Ashes to Ashes, I swear I could almost smell the multiple fires. The prequel for Snow White Blood Red totally threw me for a loop. What an amazing twist on the fairy tale - I absolutely loved it! So I could continue to wax philosophical on why these books have made my favorite list, but that just takes away from reading time.

I highly recommend The Grimm Diaries Prequels 1-6 to everyone high school and up. If you love fairy tales, look no further. Just be warned, these are dark tales, darker than even the Brothers Grimm imagined at times. Be prepared for graphic violence, blood, death, and torture. But if you've read the original Brothers Grimm tales, then you already know that everything is not always sunshine and lollipops. Behind that candy lure lurks evil just waiting for an unsuspecting victim.
Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2013/12/blog-tour-grimm-diaries-prequels-1-6-by.html