Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Christmas at the Gingerbread Cafe by Rebecca Raisin

Christmas at the Gingerbread Cafe (the Gingerbread Cafe - Book 1) - Rebecca Raisin

I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

Christmas at the Gingerbread Cafe is a short and sweet novella about finding love where you least expect it. Christmas can be a difficult time of the year for some people, and Lily is no exception. Her husband, Joel, ran off two years ago and she's still pining away for him. She pours all of her energy into her business, a shop in the small town of Ashford, CT. Her busiest time of the year is Christmas, but this year sales are much slower than ever before.

Enter Damon, a hunky guy who opens a rival shop across the street from Lily. What follows is a rather humorous attempt at one-upmanship to increase sales. Of course, true attraction can only be fought for so long before both parties give in. I really enjoyed the characters in this novella, especially Lily's friend and business associate, CeeCee. She's quite a character, making it virtually impossible not to fall in love with her.

The plot and romance are short, yet enjoyable to read. Of course there's some conflict and tension, not just from the competing businesses but also from family. Ex-husbands always have terrible timing, and Joel is no exception. If you are looking for something warmhearted and sweet, add Christmas at the Gingerbread Cafe to your TBR list. This story is especially fun reading during the holidays.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2013/12/blog-tour-christmas-at-gingerbread-cafe.html