Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Love Spell by Stan Crowe

Love Spell - Stan Crowe
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

If I had to describe Love Spell in one word, it would be fun. Silly plot, riotous characters...it all just sort of leaped off the pages. Part romance, part mystery, a touch paranormal, and all comedy, Love Spell was the perfect Sunday read. Stan Crowe breathes new life into the old adage, 'Be careful what you wish for". Main character Clint doesn't come across as stupid, yet he makes such an asinine wish...

Clint's life post-wish is worthy of a cable TV series. I love the opening scene between him and his latest accident, Jane. I'd say he got what he deserved, but frankly I wouldn't wish Jane on an enemy. On the run from crazy Jane, Clint seeks the help of a private investigator to help him find the gypsy responsible for granting his ill thought wish.

Enter Lindsay, who has had feelings for Clint since high school, until he inadvertently broke her heart. Lindsay is trying to pull away from the mold her wealthy parents want fit her into. When Clint walks through her door, she's just desperate enough to swallow past feelings and take his case. Looking for adventure, I think Lindsay found a bit more excitement than she was looking for.

I loved the characters in this novel. Even though I frequently wanted to bash Clint upside the head, it's really hard not to like him. The dialogue between the characters is witty and real. Things got a bit weird toward the end once the gypsy was involved, but I still enjoyed it. This is a great book to read when you're down or stressed and looking for something fun to cheer you up. Add Love Spell to your TBR list and pick it up when you need an entertaining story that gives you a good laugh.
Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/01/blog-tour-love-spell-by-stan-crowe.html