Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Evolution: ANGEL by S.A. Huchton

Evolution: ANGEL - Starla Huchton

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Evolution: ANGEL is a high-action, fast-paced ride through an intriguing world of genetically created superheroes. I read this book today while I was sitting in the Central Jury Room, waiting hour upon hour to be called into a courtroom. This book was a Godsend! I swear reading this novel made the time fly by. When I finished, I almost cried. I couldn't believe it was over and was desperate for more.

Candace is a kick-ass heroine. Smart, sassy, powerful—I absolutely loved her. She has been obsessed with the ANGEL program for years. It was so much fun to follow her in her journey to become a superhero. While undergoing treatment, she experiences some rather amusing side effects. Romantic interest Adrian is sweet and handsome. While I liked his character, for some reason I didn't like him with Candace. He was always so needy. There are hints at trauma in Adrian's past, but that remains a mystery at the end of the novel.

I loved all the characters, especially the interactions between them. The dialogue was so well-written, it just flowed from scene to scene. I especially liked bad boy Jackson. There was just something about him that drew me like a moth to a flame. This novel is hilarious at times. I drew some unwanted attention in the jury room with my laughter—I just couldn't keep it in. The action scenes are numerous and fun to read.

Though it's book one in a series, Evolution: ANGEL has an ending I think most readers will find satisfying. I'll admit, I didn't see this ending coming. Ms. Huchton was kind enough to provide an ending to the current story while still leaving me wanting more. Right now would be good. I can't wait to read more about Candace and all the ANGELs. This novel is appropriate for ages 17+ due to mature content. I highly recommend adding it to your TBR list. It made the top of my favorites list.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/03/blog-tour-evolutionangel-by-sa-huchton.html