Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Captivate Me by S.J. Pierce

Captivate Me (Book One: The Captivated Series) - SJ Pierce

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Captivate Me is a fun YA paranormal read about a 'gifted' girl with telekintetic powers. At its essence, it's about love. How do you know if you're in love? Well, Kat, if you're thinking about that as much as you always did with Levi, that's a pretty good indicator right there. Of course, her mother's lofty advice isn't overly helpful either.

Kat is a sweet girl from Ireland. When she accidentally reveals her powers at home, she moves halfway across the world to attend a school for the 'gifted' in Colorado. She seems to be rather oblivious to her physical appeal, and is dumbfounded when she lands the most popular boy in school. But nightly dreams make her wonder about her relationship with handsome Levi. She can't help but wonder about the force calling to her from the woods.

Really, Levi doesn't stand a chance. It's apparent from the first pages that though Kat feels she should be into Levi, she really isn't—at least as anything other than a friend. Gabe is mysterious. romantic, and best of all, he's like Kat. He's also written as drop-dead gorgeous, and manages to tongue-tie our intrepid heroine, Kat.

I enjoyed the characters in the story, found the different powers intriguing. I love how all the 'gifted' gather together in three U.S. boarding schools. It's a fast-paced story filled with mystery, angsty love, and drama. It's also a standalone novel... no cliffhanger ending here. Thank you, Ms. Pierce! The ending was well-written and satisfying.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/04/blog-tour-captivate-me-by-sj-pierce.html