Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Silver Linings by Kaylee Bladwin

Silver Linings (A Ripple Effect Romance Novella, Book 2) (Volume 2) - Kaylee Baldwin

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Silver Linings is the second novella in the Ripple Effect romance series, and it's every bit as enjoyable as Home Matters. Remember poor, disillusioned Drew from the cafe toward the end of Home Matters? Well, he has a staring role in Silver Linings. It's Drew minus the family wealth, prestige, and trust fund. Some people have to go to great lengths to find happiness, and fortunately for Drew, it's waiting for him in tiny Bridger, CO.

Eden is far and away one of the sweetest characters I've read about. She's given up so much for others, and always puts them ahead of herself. I fell in love with her, desperately wanting her to find happiness. She is one of those people you admire while wondering if you'd step up to the plate like she has. Drew is the same way. I admired the drive he had to find something important and worthwhile in his life. He was raised in the lap of luxury, yet was out in the early winter morning scraping the ice from Eden's doorstep so she wouldn't fall.

Eden's boyfriend, Jace, is another fantastic character. You know it won't work out with them, or there wouldn't be a romance between Drew and Eden. Yet, I really liked him so much. I'm quite excited that the next book tells Jace's story. Hands down, the best parts of this novel revolve around the characters and their interactions. The crew at Silver Linings was always fun even though their appearances were brief. If you like your romance sweet and your endings happy enough to make you cry, then you'll really like Silver Linings.

Source: http://www.kimberleighwheaton.com/2014/04/blog-tour-silver-linings-by-kaylee.html