Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Black Abaddon

Black Abaddon (The Vulcan Legacies) - Sasha Hibbs

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I really enjoyed Black Amaranth and have been anxiously awaiting a chance to read Black Abaddon. Ms. Hibbs did not disappoint in this great second book in the Vulcan Legacies series. There was never a dull moment in this twisty roller-coaster ride. Sometimes book two in a series tends to be dull or fall flat. That is not the case with this one. I actually enjoyed it more than the first book! This will be a rather short review because I don't want to give away any of the plot.

The story picks up right from the rather explosive ending of the first book. Ally is in a bad place emotionally in the aftermath of her failed test. She's ridden with guilt and has lost hope which creates a rather somber tone. One thing I really liked was how Ally grew emotionally throughout the story. She's a much stronger character by the end than she was at the beginning.

The secondary characters were also amazing and all very important to the story line. I just love all of the characters! So, I cried at times while reading--keep tissues nearby just in case. I really lost track of time while reading this book. The action was nonstop so there was no good place to stop reading. When the phone rang, I cursed the caller for pulling me from the story. Don't expect too many answers in this second book. In fact I think I have more questions now than I did when I started reading. The ending was amazing, surprising, and left me clamoring for the third book. I hope you're writing fast Ms. Hibbs!

I highly recommend Black Abaddon to everyone high school and up who enjoys an immersive paranormal read. This is not a standalone novel, so be sure to pick up Black Amaranth and read it first. I'm adding this one to my Goodreads favorites list.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/04/book-review-black-abaddon-by-sasha-hibbs.html