Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Goddess Born by Kari Edgren

Goddess Born - Kari Edgren

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Goddess Born is a historical romance with paranormal elements. It's a glimpse into what life was like for women in the years before the birth of our country, back when we were still colonies of England. Though Selah is an eighteen-year-old woman, she has very limited rights once her father dies. Selah must decide whether to marry a man she despises or risk losing everything, including her life.

Selah is a descendant of a Celtic goddess with amazing healing abilities. Living in the Quaker community with her human father, Selah risks her life every time she uses her power. However, she is bound by a sacred duty to help those in need, even if those people might accuse her of witchcraft. Selah is an impressive character. Perhaps it was her demigoddess status that made her stronger than the average woman of the era. Selah is also quick witted and intelligent. I really liked her.

I also enjoyed Henry, the indentured servant Selah purchases to play her deceased second cousin. It seems everyone in this novel has secrets, from Selah to Henry. The romance that developed between Henry and Selah was fast and sweet. The suspense made this a real page turner as secrets are unveiled at a fast clip. The end was twisty and interesting. Though not what I'd call a cliffhanger, there is definitely more to tell. I would love to find out what happens to Selah and Henry.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/06/blog-tour-goddess-born-by-kari-edgren.html