Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Crane by Stacey Rourke

Crane (Legends Saga) - Stacey Rourke

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

This will be a short review because, I'm having a hard time coming up with something to say that doesn't contain any spoilers! Crane is an intriguing read, alternating between the past and the present every few chapters or so. The past showcases Ichabod Crane and his friends Rip Van Winkle and Washington Irving. In the present we follow Ireland Crane.

I really liked Ireland. She's witty, sarcastic, intelligent, just a great character. Some of the things that fly from her mouth are hilarious. I also really enjoyed the scenes from the past, loved the way Ms. Rourke portrayed Ichabod Crane and his cronies.

The story is fast-paced and the plot interesting. Really, the only thing I didn't like was the constant switch between past and present. It made the story disjointed at times which drew me away from the plot.

If you like YA paranormal based on American legend, be sure to add Crane to your TBR list.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/06/blog-tour-crane-by-stacey-rourke-review.html