Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Vampire Lies by RaShelle Workman

Vampire Lies - RaShelle Workman

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

Vampire Lies is the first book in the second season of Blood and Snow. It features Snow's daughter, Jasmine, who is a bit unhappy with the duties that come with being a princess. I won't say who Jasmine's daddy is, don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read the first season of Blood and Snow. Start with those first.

I love serial novels. For a busy lifestyle, it's nice to have books come out on a regular basis to continue the story. It's kind of like the difference between watching your favorite TV shows as they air, or waiting to see them all at once on Netflix. For me, at least, the latter can be rather daunting.

Jasmine meets a genie who grants her wish to be normal. She loses her wings and winds up in the world of humans. She starts her mundane life as a regular teenager with regular problems. Of course the supernatural is never far behind when it's in your very blood. It also doesn't help that she has feelings for her genie while he tries to keep everything business between them.

This twist on the classic Aladdin is off to an interesting start. I'm looking forward to the next installment of Jasmine's story.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/07/blog-tour-vampire-lies-by-rashelle.html