Kimber Leigh Reads

Review: Stolen Dreams by Christine Amsden

Stolen Dreams - Christine Amsden

I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review

I really loved Stolen Dreams, the final book in the Cassie Scot series. There's really no way to write an in-depth review without major spoilers. So I think I'm going to focus instead on what I liked and didn't like.

I didn't like that this is the final book. Along the way, I came to really like the characters, and it kills me to see the series end. There's so much more to tell. I'd love to hear about Cassie's siblings, about her new life, about Kaitlin (what happens to Kaitlin?). It's rare that I come across a series that I really connect with and this is one of them.

I loved the ending of the story. It was satisfying on so many levels. I like how Ms. Amsden portrayed Cassie. I've always considered Cassie a strong character, but her inner strength is just cemented in this final book. I think Cassie grew more in this story than the other three combined. I loved the potion belt she started wearing, and I loved the dreams. The section with Kaitlin and Jason made me sad, but we're left with hope for them.

I would have liked more information about the villain. That entire part of the story was interesting and also a bit rushed. Can I just say that the magic community in this series is full of stubborn hot-heads...

If you haven't started the series, be sure to start with book one, Cassie Scot ParaNormal Detective.These are not standalone books and must be read in order. I highly recommend this series to anyone who enjoys urban fantasies with lots of magic, mystery, and some romance.

Source: http://onceuponayabook.blogspot.com/2014/08/blog-tour-stolen-dreams-by-christine.html